ST6 Mock

Discussion in 'SP6' started by Gareth, Mar 24, 2006.

?

What score did you get?

1. Under 40%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 40-55%

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. 55-70%

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. 70%+

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. Gareth

Gareth Member

After doing all the past papers and Hull questions, I decided to give the mock exam a shot.

Seemed quite easy, completed all questions just within 3 hours under strict exam conditions

As I am paying for myself, I didn't purchase marking, but marking on the basis of rounding down and marking lower when not sure, I estimated a mark of 67%.

How did everyone else do on this?

Do you think it's representative of the real exam or too easy?

Also what sort of marks should we be getting to pass the exam? I guess anything above about 55% will be enough to pass?

2. jonbon

jonbon Member

did it a month ago...scored 50%...wasn't one of the greatest papers i did...but i don't think it was any close to the real exam

3. Mike Lewry

Mike Lewry Member

I hope you're all ready for this afternoon, well as ready as you can be with this subject.

Reading your posts reminded me of my experience when preparing for CiD in 2002. Back then we had a list of sections in Hull and B&R to read (plus the G30 report) so there wasn't the same issue of not knowing what the exam should cover.

Anyway, I'd worked hard and used some of the past exam papers as mocks. I would have been able to pass all of them easily I decided, so I was pretty confident about the real thing.

But when it came to it, I found the exam horrible :eek: . There was a question based on an appendix in Hull that hadn't been on the list of sections to read, so I struggled with that (so it's not just an ST6 phenomenon ;) !) Also I spent much too long on one question and so had to rush a couple of others (don't do it !) and ended up not very happy with my overall performance.

In the end, it was enough to pass, with a pass rate of 32%, but I guess my message is: however well you do on mocks and past papers, the real thing is bound to seem much worse. So if you come out at the end of today feeling awful, try not to worry too much - it might have gone better than you think.

Best wishes for this afternoon. Let us know how it goes.

4. Fancyme

Fancyme Member

Good luck

Well goodluck to everyone!!

Gareth kick-ssssssssssss!!!

We're getting there as well!!
    Fancyme ;)

5. jonbon

jonbon Member

you were absolutely right about the Mock, Mike. I hadn't done well in the mocks and didn't think it was any close to the real thing. And the real thing was scary...very very scary..but I dunno..somehow I managed to pass ST6 this time.even when i look now at the ST6 examiners report..I dunno how I answered them scary ones...hopefully, ACTED notes will reflect exam type questions from 2007 and have some real questions from HULL or some other derivatives application book.

anyhow..well chuffed I got it!!

6. Gareth

Gareth Member

exams was very different to the mocks, but not so hard if you knew Hull / Baxter & Rennie well. Kinda sad that SA6 isn't like ACID, as i would be doing that now otherwise.