ST4 Marking Issues

Discussion in 'SP4' started by Luckcounts, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Luckcounts

Luckcounts Member

Hi All,

Well I am a bit sceptical about this. But are we doing anything about our issues.

Can we help ourselves by combining hands and really making a change?

I have received ST4, SAR last month, you may not be surprised to know;

Examiner 1 awarded 74 marks

Examiner 2 awarded 50.5 marks

Staggering 46.5% difference.

Surprisingly the third examiner which I am told is the most “experienced” examiner awarded exact average in each question and awarded me 61, just 0.75 marks below the average of first two, what a coincidence.

Since the last examiner was the most “experienced” examiner so my final marks were 61. This accidently happened to be the average of first two.

By awarding examiner 3 marks does IFOA imply both examiner 1 and examiners 2 were wrong?

If so what about other scripts they marked?

Where is quality of marking?

All the examiner were more than 10 marks apart from each other.

Script was not marked fourth time.

I raised it with IFOA, and was rejected at appeal stage 2.

My points are;

If all the examiner are following a marking schedule, is it possible the first two disagree by 24 marks, i.e. almost 46.5% lower marks by examiner 2.

The third examiner does not match to either of them. In ST4 each correct point is 0.5 marks so third examiner marking implies each examiner 1 and 2 is making at least 22 errors in their marking.

If so GOD bless IFOA, with such a high variance in marking.

No comparison between examiner 1 and 2 as they are staggering 46.5% apart.

In IFOA exam we are relying on luck who mark our exam script first and second. For example if examiner 1 and 3 had marked my script in any order I would have passed.

If examiner 2 would have given me 3 extra marks (i.e. 54 mark) I would have passed.

I do not believe the marking is fair, as none of the examiner match other.

I do not believe they follow any marking schedule, if so they cannot be 46% and 22% different.

I do not believe IFOA has any robust marking system in place.

Can we do something about it?

They will not honour any mistake they have made.

Can I take the matter anywhere further?

I believe there is a need for fairer and better marking system, i.e. in exceptional circumstances we should be given access to our marked scripts.

I have all the proof/documents if anyone is interested get in touch.

Any guidance help, will be highly appreciated.

Thanks