ST3 The April 2006 Exam

Discussion in 'SP7' started by PDG, Apr 7, 2006.

1. PDG

PDG Member

Anybody else think there was not enough time?

I might have overdone it on some parts but i felt it was a killer for time. Especially the 9 mark accounts! How are you supposed to read the data/understand it/do calculations/set it out for examiners-in 16 mins.

Maybe its just me who's a bit slow.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2006
  2. Niel

Niel Member

The thing with actuarial exams is there is never enough time. I've made peace with that and my life is a whole lot less stressful! I rather aim to do as much as I can for each question in the time allowed in the hope that in total I've done enough to pass. A friend of mine took that approach in his exams and is now qualified.

As for accounting questions, I found that practicing (a lot) is the only thing that helps. You probably wouldn't have come accross the same exam question but an understanding of the accounting questions might just give you an idea of the approach to take.

Then again, I've written General a few times before (two FA's) so clearly I've also been doing something wrong. Hopefully this time is better. But keep your hopes up until the results are published. In the past I've been convinced that I've passed an exam only to get a FA and vica versa. You never know what happens...

3. justarrived

justarrived Member

well said... I have been through FA attempts on ST3 and I think your approach makes a lot of sense.