ST2

Discussion in 'SP2' started by LooLoo, May 18, 2016.

1. LooLoo

LooLoo Keen member

Hi Guys

I wish to writ ST2 this September. This will be my first time to attempt higher subjects.

Can I have some tips please on this subject.

Thank you

2. bystander

bystander Member

The difference between st and ct is there often isn't a perfect answer because there is an element of subjectivity so you need skill in showing why your answer is relevant. So it's not just a case of knowing a lot of mnemonics, you have to relate to the question. Analyse questions. Every word can be important eg if it's a small insurer is not just any old one;or a new company. Adjectives are there for a reason. Sometimes questions will cover more than one bit of the course so you have to think wide. But going through the course isn't any different. You start at page 1 chapter 1 and keep going leaving sufficient revision time. Because exam technique is different, I recommend marking and mocks even more than on early subjects. Another bit of technique to master is how much to write so as well as noticing the small print like adjectives, heed the instruction word. State, list, describe briefly, explain etc all need different answers in terms of depth of answer. If you get assignments marked this should become clear. And expect your marks to fall. Don't be disappointed. Marks are lower than CT subjects so don't panic.

Vazhaz likes this.