ST2 Qn 6 i)

Discussion in 'SP2' started by WHS, Oct 27, 2005.

1. WHS

WHS Member

Qn 6 of the september paper contained a reference to supervisory returns. Would the principles asked for in part i) be the same as the principles for setting supervisory reserves?
    My whole future depends on this!!!!

2. Muppet

Muppet Member

expect you're ok

Yes I think you're safe to read this as reserves. Expect it's a typo. Might be someone turning the old phrase "DTI returns" into a non-specific term, but you don't really calculate your return - they're a set of forms.

Doubt they meant "investment return used in the supervisory reserves" since lots of marks on offer.

Fingers crossed.

3. WHS

WHS Member

Thanks Muppet. I hope you are right.
    Did you write this paper in April? If you did, what did you think of it?
    I thought it was a fairly standard paper but I have spoken to a number of people who have written it before and they did not agree with me

4. Muppet

Muppet Member

Pretty fair!!

no didn't write it but have looked at it in detail for various reasons. I think it was quite a bit easier than April's paper.

A couple of tricky questions in the middle (q 4&5) look tricky - they may look OK to some but difficult to know exactly the level of detail required. Q5 in particular is stretching the syllabus a tad in my view. But not against some questions doing this.

If you found it OK then I wouldn't get paranoid that you've missed anything. There was lots of bookwork and so if you knew this well then ......

Only one more month to wait - tick tick