SP8 Course Notes - 2021 Updates

Discussion in 'SP8' started by CY Actuary, Jan 7, 2021.

1. CY Actuary

CY Actuary Member

I have purchased the SP8 Course Notes for the 2020 Examinations but ended up not taking the exam in 2020. Does anyone know if there are significant differences in the 2021 version or if I am covered with the ones I already have?

2. Darren Michaels

Darren Michaels ActEd Tutor Staff Member

There have been a large number of minor changes to the Core Reading and consequently the ActEd text throughout the entire course.

The more significant changes that have been made are outlined in our CMP Upgrade which you can download free of charge from our website:

https://www.acted.co.uk/paper_cmp_upgrade.html

3. Qayanaat

Qayanaat Ton up Member

Thanks Darren,

Is it worth re-buying the following 2021 SP8 materials? If you can let me know please which of the following have changed much:
    • Revision Notes
    • Online classroom
    • X assignments - Have the questions in this change much to reflect the types of questions that are more likely to come up in the exam?
    • Mock Exam - Have the questions in this change much to reflect the types of questions that are more likely to come up in the exam?
    Thanks a lot for all the help.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  4. Darren Michaels

Darren Michaels ActEd Tutor Staff Member

The Revision Notes have been updated to reflect the Core Reading changes and now include the April 2020 exam questions.

The other products mentioned will have been updated for Core Reading changes.

5. Qayanaat

Qayanaat Ton up Member

Thanks Darren.