SP7 Questions and where to find more for practice

Discussion in 'SP7' started by Jun Wu, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Jun Wu

Jun Wu Active Member

Dear All

I found the following questions particular challenging, can I please find out which past papers have more of these types of questions for practice? I have done all past papers from 2017 to 2021, and a few from older past papers (but not all yet)

AY reserving/loss ratio:
    This is when we are given information in underwriting year basis, and have to turn into accident year earned premium and incurred, then find reserves.
    • I find the part on finding the units of earned exposure for calculating EP and AY incurred most challenging. - are there more questions that are similar to this?
    • 201509 Q7 - involving delay months, only seen once, are there more questions that are similar to this?

UPR/OSC/AURR calculation:
    • I have only seen one large question from past papers that i have done - 201404 Q5 - are there more questions that are similar to this?
    • One small one - 201304 Q1 - this one is ok.

Balance Sheet / P&L involving investment returns calculation
    I did all chapter end CH26 questions,
    • Are there more questions that are similar to CH26 end questions - Q26.5?
    Thank you for all your help :D
    Best regards
    Jun

2. Aman Sehra

Aman Sehra Member

Hi Jun,

I suggest working through the revision notes, if you have purchased these. For SP7, there are six booklets, and these booklets combine previous exam questions by chapters.

For example, revision booklet 6 has all previous exam questions relating to chapters 26 and 27, Accounting methods, and Interpreting accounts. This would no doubt be with balance sheet and P&L type questions.

I hope that helps.

Thanks
    Aman
    ActEd Tutor

Jun Wu likes this.