SP7 - Need advice on how to prepare!

Discussion in 'SP7' started by Qayanaat, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Qayanaat

Qayanaat Ton up Member

Hi guys,

Any advice on how to study and prepare well for the SP7 exam in April 2019?

If you can also advice on a timeline, for example: "Aim to have the course notes read by date XX" or something, that would be very helpful.

Any advice would be much appreciated! It's my first time attempting an ST and from what I've heard, they're very different from CTs and CAs.

2. Ian Senator

Ian Senator ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Have a look here: https://www.acted.co.uk/help_and_advice_study_plans.html and also the Study Guide in the Course Notes. There's no 'one size fits all', as it depends on your other commitments, how many subjects you're studying, etc. But the golden rule is START EARLY and don't underestimate how much you need to do!
    Good luck
    Ian

Qayanaat likes this.
  3. Qayanaat

Qayanaat Ton up Member

Thanks Ian. That link was very helpful. I'm sitting only SP7 in the next sitting, working full time while studying.

However, if someone can tailor it down specifically for SP7 (from past experience if you've passed ST7 recently or even if you failed/what worked for you/what didn't/what do you wish you had done differently, what you wish you didn't waste so much time on/what you think you should have focused more on etc), I'd love to hear your thoughts and experience if you want to share :) Thanks

4. PrideW

PrideW Member

Hi Qayanaat
    How did your preparation go? What was your approach, and did it work?