SP2 - Past exam questions mapping

Discussion in 'SP2' started by Minal Gohil, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Minal Gohil

Minal Gohil Member

Hello,

Do we have a 2×2 grid which would map the questions from the past ST2 and SP2 exam papers, on to to the list of chapters in SP2?

I have found this useful in the past to select questions to practice any weaker areas.

Regards,
    Minal

2. Mark Willder

Mark Willder ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hello Minal

Yes, we have a questions grid in ASET that maps the questions to the chapters of the SP2 course.

There are two ASETs:

Firstly we have the ASET 2014-17 Papers. This gives full solutions to the four years 2014 to 2017. It also gives the grid for the ten years 2008 to 2017.

Secondly we have ASET 2019 Papers. This gives full solutions and the grid for just 2019.

We have no grid for the 2018 papers. I suggest you use the 2018 papers to practice exam technique by attempting the whole paper at once (rather than by choosing questions from a particular chapter).

Best wishes

Mark

Minal Gohil likes this.
  3. Minal Gohil

Minal Gohil Member

Thank you Mark! The grid in ASET is helpful.

I have two further questions on this grid-
    1. For papers not included in the ASET, is there a way to figure out the unusual questions asked in diets prior to 2014?
    2. How can we be sure of the questions no longer examinable (due to syllabus changes), while practicing papers not in the ASET?

Regards,
    Minal

4. Mark Willder

Mark Willder ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hello Minal

The grid in ASET 2014-17 actually covers the exams all the way back to 2008. The revision books also cover the exams from the last ten years and have been updated for any changes to the syllabus.

The SP2 course hasn't changed too much over the years, so you won't meet too many questions that are not examinable. The topic of actuarial funding has been deleted from the course. The material on pricing options and guarantees has changed quite a bit. We used to have a lot of questions on the reserving pricinciples - this material has been replaced by the more modern market-consistent valuation material in the course. The course used to have more methods for dealing with alterations. So if you avoid questions on these topics you should avoid the main changes to the syllabus.

Good luck with the exam

Mark

5. kennethtan

kennethtan Member

Hi Mark

How can we get copies for ASET 2014-2017? I only managed to purchase ASET 2019.

6. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

7. Lindsay Smitherman

Lindsay Smitherman ActEd Tutor Staff Member