SP1 April 2020 Attempt

Discussion in 'SP1' started by Partha Chaudhuri, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Hi,

I am planning to appear SP1 in April 2020 attempt. I understand there are common chapters between CP1 and SP1. Does any body have a list of common chapters? Please share.

Regards,

Partha

2. Mark Willder

Mark Willder ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi Partha

There's a lot of common ground between SP1 and CP1. So your studying of CP1 will certainly help in learning the SP1 material. For example, both subjects cover the topics of modelling, data, investment, reinsurance and underwriting.

However, the chapters covering these topics are not identical. The SP1 course is focused specifically on healthcare, whereas the CP1 course was more general covering motor insurance, pensions etc too. So you will find that SP1 goes into more detail than CP1 and often introduces new ideas into familiar topics, eg moratorium periods in underwriting and worksite marketing in distribution channels.

So it's important to read the whole course. Some parts will be familiar, but you should be on the look out for the extra detail specific to healthcare. In the SP1 exam, you will still score marks for the high level principles introduced in CP1, but you need to add much more depth on the healthcare specifics.

I hope this is helpful. Good luck with your studies.

Mark