Sources of risk

Discussion in 'CA1' started by Benjamin, Sep 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Benjamin

Benjamin Member

Hi,

In the context of exam questions that are about just listing bookwork, what's the best approach for the two available lists of risk types/sources:

Chapter "Capital project appraisal": Political, natural, economic, financial, criminal, project, business

Chapter "Sources of risk": Credit, liquidity, market, business, operational, external

Obviously the former has "project" which relates to project-specific risks but otherwise, you could rejig them to be the same thing. So I guess the question is do I need to worry about using the wrong one if it's not obvious from the question (admittedly a lot of the capital project appraisal questions are fairly obviously that topic, but still...)

2. Steve Hales

Steve Hales ActEd Tutor Staff Member

These lists are just useful reminders to help you generate ideas for lots of potential risks, ie they're headings to get you to focus on a range of different areas. If you were to get a lucky bookwork exam question that simply asked for a list of the sources of risk then I'd put them all down :)