Sound Revise

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by FatSam, Nov 25, 2005.

1. FatSam

FatSam Member

Anyone used this before? Any opinions?
    Can some bloke reading out the course be helpful?

2. Nadeem_Ladha

Nadeem_Ladha Member

it seems quite intriguing. the fact that it is being relaunched suggests that people have used it (and liked it?) it in the past.

I'm studying CT2 in the summer, so any comments on this one would be useful.

cheers

Nadeem

3. Dha

Dha Member

I have it for CT2, and I think it's quite useful. I listen to it sometimes when I'm walking to work. It can be handy if you really have to study but are too lazy to read anything. I definitely found it most useful for revising after I've gone through the couse fairly thoroughly.
    Obviously, it only works for non-mathematical subjects.

4. Rosencruz

Rosencruz Member

I actually didn't realise sound revise existed, so I recorded the core reading for CA1 onto MP3. It makes it a lot easier to remember the lists if you repeatedly hear them (~10xs for best recall). I found that Sound revise, was better than this approach, as it required considerably less effort, in recording them
    I will be using it again for ST2 and 5.

Personally I find for the essay subjects that an array of approaches works best, using mnemonics, hearing the notes, reading the notes, summarising the notes, and answering questions (in annotated form is good if you a getting close to the exams).

Also listening to the notes can make you feel good about studying even when you're doing something else. :cool:

5. Erik

Erik Member

I wrote CT8 in April. I recorded myself too and found it very usefull. I only did the first five chapters since it contains lots of wordy definitions and theory. Combine this with mnemonics for your assumptions in all later chapters plus a sheet containing formulas, and you're as good as passed. Question practice is very important too!

I listened to the recordings once or twice a week while driving home from class. It really works well and I shall buy it for all my later subjects!

Cheers.