Some studying slash course planning advice

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by DevonMatthews, Nov 25, 2009.

1. DevonMatthews

DevonMatthews Member

So anyway, I started studying CT3 and CT4 straight after last exam sitting. I have covered CT3 from cover to cover, and have almost finished the Q&A, and am almost finished CT4 (Ch 13). I feel i can easily knock over CT3 next april, and i also feel once i get into past exams that CT4 will be very passable (i know pass rates suggest otherwise) So im considering some options between now and april..

1. Master CT3 and CT4 completley and put a pass beyond any doubt.

2. Study CT3 and CT4, and also get started on CT5 or CT6, and decide later if i can attempt 3 sittings. Even without a pass this will give me a valuable head start on september exams as these will be the most likley subjects i will be sitting. (Making a pass in all three less likley this april)

3. Take on CT7 Also with the full intention of sitting it and knocking over 3 subjects with resonably high probability.

I thank anyone for any advice on this matter in advance.

2. Busy_Bee4422

Busy_Bee4422 Ton up Member

Option One

Before going through the past papers it is not easy to determine whether you have really mastered the material. I have been practicing option one for a bit now though not at as fast a pace as you. I prefer passes that are certain than anything else and I hate doing things twice.

I plan for the two sittings in a year rather than treat them individually. So at the moment I have material for the both April and September sittings. I find I need time to digest the material and get the whole picture being presented by the notes before I go for real exam preparation through past papers etc.

Quite a bit of your question rests on you finding a study pattern that works for you. There might be other questions (eg you peaking out before the exams) to consider here so try to find an option that ensures you pass.

3. DevonMatthews

DevonMatthews Member

Well yes, i didnt say i had mastered the exams, but i do strongly believe that i can master it given i have about 5 months. I think i can easily pass CT3, having finished all the questions now also and can do them all with almost no reference to the notes.

I do believe once i get into past papers for CT4 i could also master that in the coming months.

So im wondering, would it be unusual or unadvisable for me to order CT5, and just atleast look at the material, since it follows on from (and has somthing in common with) CT4, so i can give myself nearly a years worth of study and a great chance of passing next september? Somthing like dividing my time 80/20 between CT3&4 and CT5? Keep in mind i have alot of avaliable study time also

4. Busy_Bee4422

Busy_Bee4422 Ton up Member

Starting Ct5 would be ok. Just be clear you intend it for September so you don't put too much into it at the expense of the 2 you have put yourself in a good position. Ct5 has relatively straight forward notes but time consuming questions. It would be great to try to get your preparation soon into trying to develop the speed required to finish this paper. I think most people who fail Ct5 simply don't finish the exam.

Best wishes

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  5. jimlad

jimlad Member

Too much study!

Do and get a girlfriend. If you've already got a girlfriend then spend more time with her.

There's more to life than exams.