Some questions

Discussion in 'CA1' started by claire3000006, Mar 12, 2011.

1. claire3000006

claire3000006 Member

When you get questions that say 'list four examples....' is it okay to write more than four just to try and make sure you hit the marking schedule? or is this penalised?

also I'm looking st subject 302, sept 2004, question 2 (the question analysis in revision book 7). it's about term assurance. part (ii) says:

'discuss how the company would use the results of its experience investigations to determine the experience assumptions to be used within the model (6marks)'

to me this question is saying the company has done its experience investigations, and now has to decide how to use these results to set assumptions. but in the marking schedule about three quarters of the marks are for how to carry out an experience investigation. how are we supposed to know that's what they're looking for??

2. bystander

bystander Member

Can't comment on examiners other than this. Quite often people score less on some 'poorly worded' qns. This may have been one such example. But take heart in that many candidates will go down the same track. All you can do on the day is put down what you think. But always worth re-reading the question at least twice particularly when lots of marks are at stake.

Regarding LIST N type questions. They will just ignore others but I would say if you can think of more, think which are best and use those. Whilst negative marking doesn't strictly apply, you aren't doing yourself any favours if you get on the borderline pile as the examiners may feel you lack confidence and scatter gunning. Plus it will cost you precious time which many suffer from anyway.