Some questions on Q and A

Discussion in 'SA3' started by xixi11, Feb 15, 2007.

1. xixi11

xixi11 Member

I am reading the Q and A bank for pricing and have following questions.

Q 3.9, a pricing question for EL business
    In the answer, there is a point about investigating the changes of the rating factors over time. This point doesn't seem to appear in the Motor pricing question (3.8). I wonder why. Does that mean we do not need to investigate the changes over time for the motor rating factors?

Another point is nil claims should be treated consistently. This point is again not in the motor question. Does that mean that motor has less nil claim problems?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2007
  2. xixi11

xixi11 Member

More questions about NCD

Furthermore I wonder anybody knows a bit more about the pricing for No Claim Discount scale. I read the Q and A bank and am a bit confused.

In Q 3.16 (iv)

It mentioned that we need to give a profile of the different types of policyholders, i.e. 1st policyholder has 25% of average frequency, 2nd has 50% etc. I wonder how would that works. Do we need to make assumptions about the proportions of policyholders who have different claim frequency, then make different poison assumptions for each sub group, i.e. different λ?

Q 3.18 change (v)

One of the point said level 115 equals to 30% discount on a traditional UK scale. Given the highest scale is 200, I am not sure how this is worked out.

Thanks a lot.

3. Ian Senator

Ian Senator ActEd Tutor Staff Member

A valid point for both questions - although perhaps of more interest in EL since it may be longer tailed and so data may be examined over a longer period - giving more opportunity for rating factors to change.

I think the nil claims issue is valid for both - well spotted.

4. Ian Senator

Ian Senator ActEd Tutor Staff Member

That's right.

It's not a calculated figure - it's just for illustration. See the last bullet point in part (ii) first for relevance of the 30%.

5. xixi11

xixi11 Member

thanks Ian.

thanks Ian.