Sneaking past agencies

Discussion in 'Careers' started by Phil, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Phil

Phil Member

Has anyone ever seen an agency advertise a job, you recognised who the client was, then you contacted the client directly? It doesn't have to be for an actuarial job it can be for anything

Were the client willing to accept an application off you directly?

The reason for this is because I'm looking for short-term work whilst applying for long-term, and I've seen an agency advertise a job and offering to pay only 1/5th of what I have been paid previously to do exactly the same job elsewhere. It's a boring job so money is a bigger factor than ususal.

I'm trying to decide whether to contact the client directly or ring the agency and tell them I'm only interested if they'll give me more.
    -----------------------
    In case you've began wondering why I am out of work - and not secured anything before leaving my last post. It's because I've still never had permanent work, I'm still looking for my first actuarial job and have started the exams in an effort to boost my chances

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2006
  2. Gareth

Gareth Member

i think the company wont mind, as it's a lot cheaper to avoid using the agency (they get about 10-20% of your salary for the 1st year!!)