Slides not fully complete

Discussion in 'CA3' started by black_bird, Apr 5, 2016.

1. black_bird

black_bird Member

Hi, I have a question regarding to the presentation.

If due to time pressure, my slides are not fully complete. I.e. I didn't have time to put down bullet points under the graphs; or the summary slide did not capture all the key points. Can I still talk through what is not on the slides during the presentation and get a pass?

Thanks

2. black_bird

black_bird Member

The other question is, is the final scoring for CA3 the average mark of the written communication and the presentation?

I am reasonably confident with the written communication....

3. David Wilmot

David Wilmot ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Yes! The examiners regard the combination of the slides, your narrative and your body language as your presentation. So, you can, to a reasonable degree, compensate for things not in your slides by including them in your narrative. Of course, some things are more effectively communicated using a visual aid, rather than using narrative (and vice versa), so there may be some impact on marks - but it doesn't mean an automatic fail.

4. David Wilmot

David Wilmot ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Yes!

5. black_bird

black_bird Member

Thank you David! really appreciate your reply.

6. bystander

bystander Member

I'm going to state the obvious. Sounds like you have identified two areas of weakness : time keeping and verbal presentation. If this is right, practise both more to improve them and don't rely on compromises