Sitting CA3 before CA1

Discussion in 'CA3' started by Aldo008, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Aldo008

Aldo008 Member

hey guys, I've done all the CTs but now I want to do CA3 in April because it's the last time the subject will be assessed as an exam before it becomes a 2 day assessment, and I would prefer to sit the exam.

However I haven't done CA1 or CA2 and I know it helps to have done CA1 before tackling CA3. Do you think it will be much harder for me to learn the CA3 material and hence find the exam much more difficult?

I would really appreciate some advice! Thanks in advance!

Aldo008

2. capitalH

capitalH Member

For the written exam - I have done CA3 this previous session without doing CA1 and do not think CA1 would have added too much value (however I am still awaiting exam results, so maybe I am not the best person to listen too).

For the new course based exam, I understand that CA1 will be much more important.

3. examstudent

examstudent Member

In theroy you dont need it, but as IOA say, CA3 does involve some financial sophistication that CA1 may teach.
    Therefore CA1 may slightly help in that regard, but it is not essential

4. Genesiss

Genesiss Member

Do them both!;)

5. Aldo008

Aldo008 Member

thanks everyone for your responses! I've decided I will go ahead with the CA3 exam in April without doing CA1.

I would do them both, but I'm a little concerned that i've left it late to decide. So instead I will do CA3 and an ST.