Should we be using double spacing or not?

Discussion in 'CP2' started by Lauren, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Lauren

Lauren Keen member

Hi

I have a question about the use of double spacing. We’re told in the exam joining instructions to use double spacing in our answers, but how might this affect our marks for a subject like CP2 where we’re explicitly assessed on formatting for example?

In particular, we’re told in Paper 2 to write a summary report that’s “around 5 to 7 pages in length”. However using double spacing will obviously make it twice as long as that - is that something we’d be penalised for?

I don’t want my examiner to open up my say 18 page answer script and think “they’ve clearly misinterpreted the idea of a summary report” because it seems too long, even though the actual content is the same!

thanks in advance :)

2. Heena

Heena Keen member

Adding to the above question , is it necessary to use double spacing ? especially in paper like CP3 (even in CP2) the paragraphs look uneven with double spacing .

3. ntickner

ntickner Very Active Member

No - no need to use double spacing. The report should look professional and presentable.

If I recall, the double spacing instruction applies to all exams except for CP2 and CP3, where communication & presentation is key.

Sarah Byrne and Heena like this.
  4. Heena

Heena Keen member

oh okay, Thanks alot!