Should I get CT7 exemption?

Discussion in 'CT8' started by Me_myself_and_I, Feb 9, 2012.

1. I'm a career changer working though the early CTs and have discovered that I can get a CT7 exemption (from my degree). It's been over 10 years since I studied Economics and whilst I remember a fair bit of it and take an interest in Economic issues in the news, I'm a bit rusty with regard to the finer details. I'm worried that not sitting CT7 with the institute will worsen my chances of passing CT8.

I’m aware that CT8 is a tricky one so would be prepared to take CT7 if it would improve my chances of passing CT8 on the first attempt.

The thoughts of current CT8 students would be interesting. Thanks.

2. Elroy

Elroy Member

It's been a while, but I don't think CT7 is really relevant to the majority of CT8.

If its a choice between getting CT7 for free and spending double the time on CT8 or doing both in the same time, I'd go for double the time on CT8.

If you want you can always get the CT7 textbook from the library and cross reference with the required chapters detailed in:

http://www.acted.co.uk/Docs/2012/Study Guides/CT7 Study Guide 2012.pdf

before you make your mind up.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2012
  3. Thanks Elroy.

I was in a similar situation with CT3 as I felt not doing it would have messed me up with regard to CT4 and CT6. I realised it was a good move when studying CT3 - I'd forgotten loads of it.

Reading through the syllabus, the material covered in CT7 is quite straightforward stuff so I could be wasting a lot of precious time going over basic concepts. Buying the CT7 textbook is a good idea as I could refer back to it if needed whilst studying CT8. I think I'll do that and take the exemption.

I didn't take much convincing did I!? :D

Thanks again...

4. Elroy

Elroy Member

Definitely agree on your stance on CT3. It is fundamental.