September 2017, Question 6

Discussion in 'SP2' started by Muskan Hamirwasia, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Muskan Hamirwasia

Muskan Hamirwasia Keen member

Hi,
    I want to confirm if any part of this question is a part of the syllabus for the 2023 exams?

Thanks,
    Muskan

2. Mark Willder

Mark Willder ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi Muskan

This question is about the pricing of mortality options using the conventional and North American methods. These are no longer covered in the Core Reading. Please see my post from yesterday that lists the main topics that are no longer examinable.

Part (vi) looks to be still examinable. In future exams the examiners could give a similar question to the other parts but they would have to explain the two methods. The conventional method assumes everyone can take the option (and they have ultimate mortality), whereas the North American method makes an assumption about how many people take up the option (and also makes different assumptions for the mortality of the people that choose the option and those that do not).

Best wishes

Mark

3. Muskan Hamirwasia

Muskan Hamirwasia Keen member

Thanks a lot Mark. It was really helpful. Could you please help me with the link to the topics not covered in SP2? I am not able to find your post from yesterday.
    Thanks in advance!

4. Mark Willder

Mark Willder ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi Muskan

My post yesterday was in reply to the thread entitled "ST2 April 2014 - Sept 2018".

Best wishes

Mark