September 2008

Discussion in 'SP2' started by CA2 student, Sep 18, 2008.

1. CA2 student

CA2 student Member

What did people think?

I thought the hardest question was the one on asset share.

Overall the paper seemed quite fair. I just hope I got enough of the right points down. :rolleyes:

2. gibbsm1

gibbsm1 Member

St2

Agree that it was quite fair.

As ever though I don't feel that a broad range of topics were examined (or at least not by my answers)

Pass Mark 60%?

3. Sauny Bean

Sauny Bean Member

Agree about not a very broad range of topics being examined. There's a bit of irony here as they want a broad range of anwers from the candidates!

60% sounds high for an ST. I reckon I've got 50% +/- 5% broken down as:
    Q1 - Non-unit fund, a conservative 1/3
    Q2 - nice SV question, say 7/11
    Q3 - Withdrawals and EV, about 8/15
    Q4 - Asset Share - made some points but hard to tell, say 6/12
    Q5 - probably my least favourite question, a conservative 6/19
    Q6 - Models - bookwork ok, say 7/14
    Q7 - the biggy, think I did ok on this one, say 16/26.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2008
  4. WHS

WHS Member

I didn't write this yesterday but I am curious to know which topics were examined. Did they cover any topical stuff?

5. CA2 student

CA2 student Member

What points did you make? I will be lucky to get 2/12 for that one! :confused:

6. Sauny Bean

Sauny Bean Member

From what I recall, they'd omitted any tax adjustment, allowance for surrender profits / losses, benefits other than death, eg Waiver of Premium, they'd rolled up with investment indices rather than the actual rate of return (in the comments beneath the question), suggested there was only one shareholder, not included transfers to support investment freedom and smoothing and new business strain and not made an allowance for the fact that the policyholder had survived the year. I think they'd also included the annual bonus, which I said would have been derived from the asset share.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2008
  7. WHS

WHS Member

Thanks Sauny Bean.

Can anyone remember which topics were coverd in questions 5 and 7?

8. CA2 student

CA2 student Member

7 was the advantages, disadvantages and risks of the product for couples with young children.