September 04 exam

Discussion in 'SA4' started by rave23, Oct 4, 2014.

1. rave23

rave23 Member

Hi all

So how did people find that exam?

2. Act112233

Act112233 Member

Hey thought it was ok. I used investmeent matching as one of my derisking methods in question 1 and I'm not sure if it's an option as it asks what methods the sponsor could use? Then again you could argue sponsor could talk to trustees about investment matching! Any others use a similar answer?

3. rave23

rave23 Member

I used the same approach and I choose a PIE excercise and benefit change as the other two options. I was thrown off by the risk register question.

I found the 2nd question a lot more tricky, did not write enough with regards to the professional gudiance....

4. Act112233

Act112233 Member

I found the 20 mark buyout question tricky! I thought of a few ideas (partial buyout, buy in, more information to insurer, different quotes, data checks, existence exercises, funding on buyout) but not enough for 20 mark! Question 2 funding level 10 mark question was hard! Just did the calc and little else! I agree the 12 mark question was difficult! I just listed the TAS's, actuary certificate, actuaries code etc and give little details of them!

5. rave23

rave23 Member

The funding level question was ok just needed to convert the numbers to one basis but made a mistake on the salary change as they were the same.

Agree the 20 mark buyout question was tough and I don't think I wrote enough for that either

6. Act112233

Act112233 Member

Hard to know if you write enough! Although I'd say around 50% would be a pass! Good luck for the result!