Sept07

Discussion in 'SP4' started by Nossy, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Nossy

Nossy Member

So, any comments?

I thought it was an okay paper overall, but don't think I have scored too well...:(
    What do you think the pass mark will be?

Found I was writing similar things in some questions, which is not a good sign! Couldn't always tell what the examiners were looking for...

2. hi5

hi5 Member

i'd say around 40-45%

3. didster

didster Member

I also think it was an ok paper overall (at least on the face of it), but may not have done too well.

I think it will come down to what the examiners are looking for.

I agree that some questions had very similar answers as well. Also
    I was hoping for some number crunching or at least some questions on funding or surpluses.

Otherwise its all pretty much a blur.

4. The AA

The AA Member

Tough cookie

I thought the paper was tricky- couldnt generate enough points for the marks on offer.

Last Q on funding val and deterministic cashflow - 9 marks. What could you have wrote to get the marks? I talked abouteach assumption in FV especially comm facs,withdrawal assumption, early ret, tv etc.. and said these may have been ignored as may be on cost neutral terms, but need them in cashflow exercise.

Also Q2 on benefit options without increasing costs- i talked about inroduce option to choose form of benefits, early/late ret,income drawdown, dis cover with members meeting costs, comm fac etc..

Comments