Sept 2021 Paper 1

Discussion in 'CP2' started by rlsrachaellouisesmith, Aug 27, 2022.

1. rlsrachaellouisesmith

rlsrachaellouisesmith Ton up Member

Good afternoon,

I have just completed this paper and have a few questions:
    1) Was it the fact that we were asked for data analysis that gave us a hint that we needed to complete a chart and summarise the data? In the model solution there is a large amount of data summarisation for the occupancy rates, was there anything specific that told us to do this? I did the average occupancy rate check but not the graph or the data checks on occupancy rates.
    2) In part (x) we get marks for all model steps accurately described, if we have made errors in the calculations but have described our steps effectively we would still get the marks I think?

Thank you,

Rachael

2. rlsrachaellouisesmith

Additionally, in the model solution for the audit trail when a value is looked up using a VLOOKUP function, there is no reference to the VLOOKUP in the audit trail. My understanding was that we should explain the functions we have used to complete a calculation, is this the case?

Thank you

3. Sarah Byrne

Sarah Byrne ActEd Tutor Staff Member

1. You could use charts here, and yes the phrase 'analysis of the data' suggests this. However, it wasn't a requirement and you could have score full marks without a chart.

2. Yes, marks for the audit trail are for your descriptions being clear, regardless of whether the calculation is correct.

3. You do not need to explain every function that is used (in fact if you do this you will lose marks in the communication skills area of the audit trail). Saying how it is being done in words is fine.

4. Norris1

Norris1 Member

Hi
    I’ve also just completed this paper. Most of the data checks in the examiners solution I did using a filter. Would I have gotten the marks using this approach instead?

5. rlsrachaellouisesmith

Thank you Sarah.

6. Sarah Byrne

Sarah Byrne ActEd Tutor Staff Member

If you look at the marking schedule for this paper you'll see the examiners only awarded half marks for checks that were not automated.