Sept 2013 Paper1 Q4 part i - still relevant?

Discussion in 'CA1' started by dazed and confused, Aug 27, 2016.

1. I'm working through various past papers and am struggling to identify which questions are still relevant.
    In particular question 4i) from Sept 2013 paper 1 - "List 4 ways in which scenarios could be derived for use in a capital model".
    From the way it's worded it feels like a bookwork question, but I cannot find the relevant bit of core reading where this would be set out in the 2016 version of the notes.
    Although I could probably have had a good guess at the answer, this does not seem to be in the notes any more, otherwise it's not a bookwork question. Or am I missing something?

Thanks

2. Steve Hales

Steve Hales ActEd Tutor Staff Member

I don't think you're missing anything, I just don't think it appears in the Core Reading as an explicit list of four things. Definitely agree with you that the solution feels like bookwork, but it's actually more about application. The question does ask for ways in which scenarios could be derived rather than the four ways in which scenarios are derived - which would be more likely to require a bookwork list.