Sept 08

Discussion in 'SA4' started by kathrynT, Sep 23, 2008.

1. kathrynT

kathrynT Member

I guess we're allowed to talk about it now.

So what did everyone think?

2. The AA

The AA Member

Sa4

I thought it was a fair paper but had some tricky parts especially the 13 marker on ETVs. Did know where to start as to what steps the Trustees should take iro ETV.

I talked about assessing sponsor covenant, as emplyer viability is uncertain, alternatives, can employer pay more, employer plans, impact on SFO,solvency basis, security for pensioners, impact on recovery plan etc....

Not sure if thats wht they were looking for, but I had to put something down!!!!!

3. kathrynT

kathrynT Member

I agree - thought it was fair, there was just a lot of it.

i was the same on the 13 marker - i struggled to come up with 13 marks worth of answer. I was struggling for time so I think my answer ended up with a bit of a brain dump (which I know the examiners love!!).

Over with now at least!!

4. yip, this was a lot of writing! I didn't worry too much about the ETV question for some reason, but the general 'investment' question was a bit more painful as I wasn't sure if they wanted 11 long points or about 30 bullets!

as it was, I needed continuation paper (which is unusual for me).

Found the paper quite long, just in terms of sheer number of points that needed to be written.

Also a bit worried that I missed the point in the calculation question. 8 marks for what I did seemed quite a lot....

didn't think it was a particularly difficult exam, all things considered; but it depends if you hit the schedule I suppose.....