Sep 09

Discussion in 'SP1' started by komborero, Oct 12, 2009.

1. komborero

komborero Member

Hey! I found the exam quite interesting with 15 marks for calculating premium for qn 5. It was really something. Am not sure if I got this one correct as I confused my calculation somewhere as answer was not very reasonable.

How did you find it?? Anyone!

2. fiend

fiend Member

I am not sure I got that question right either, only because I did it so quick I must of missed something!!

The answer seemed reasonable though. It is a pretty basic type of question so I am not sure.

The rest of the paper was pretty good and I left 25 mins early. Hope it goes ok.

3. gibbsm1

gibbsm1 Member

Exam

I have had worse exams, but what was the point in the internet drug question?

stuggled to get enough points down for that one

4. fiend

fiend Member

It is a bit of a topical issue! Online pharmacies are all the rage right now and very useful ;)

5. SABeauty

SABeauty Member

I was unsure of how to do the calculation - how do you do it?!!

I didnt really enjoy the paper much really, but didnt think time was such a big problem.

6. fiend

fiend Member

Need to work out the burning cost for the currents years exposure based on the past data.

Assumptions were probably worth 3-5 marks with the rest for the calc.

For the calc need to get the ultimate cost for each year, then inflate to current year. Work out the cost per exposure. Then scale to the new exposure.

Then just add the expenses on and adjust for commission. It is a very simple gi question - if you work in gi.

7. SABeauty

SABeauty Member

yea... not great if you dont work in gi :mad:

8. fiend

fiend Member

The rest of the exam was OK though?

I am pretty sure I could have done it with ca1 and not even revised st1 at all. Just hope I pass though... I am too old for exams now :(

9. Zapher

Zapher Member

So what did everyone get for the premium