secondhand textbook

Discussion in 'CT1' started by loneranger, Dec 21, 2009.

1. loneranger

loneranger Member

Anyone know of any site to purchase secondhand acturial text books ? If you are looking to sell your coursebook then drop me a message..

2. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

The UK exams make use of the ActEd notes (except for CT7, ST6 and ST9 which have notes and text books).

Under the agreement with the Profession students who lend or sell their notes to other students (even after they have finished with them) are subject to legal action and may also be subject to disciplinary action through the Profession or their employer.

No such agreement holds over the CT7, ST6 and ST9 textbooks though.

However, given that you are in the CT1 forum I thought I'd better let you know!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  3. Cardano

Cardano Member

To be fair to him John he could be talking about

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Introductio...=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1261497497&sr=8-3
    or
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Theory-Inte...=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1261497528&sr=1-9

Both of which are recommended for CT1 and both of which I worked through when I took CT1.
    If anyone actually has copies of these they don't want, I'm a potential buyer as I have several actuarial students and intend taking on some more. :)

As an aside have Acted ever actually chased their copyright through the courts, the profession or their employers?

4. John Lee

Fair dos!

Perhaps I was a little quick off the block there!

And I believe so.

5. Cardano

Cardano Member

Not a common occurrence then! :D

6. John Lee

Clearly a sign of the professionalism of actuaries...

7. Cardano

Cardano Member

Indeed and an indication possibly of the small size of the actuarial profession! :)