SA7 September 2021

Discussion in 'SA7' started by TobyWanKenobi, Sep 30, 2021.

1. TobyWanKenobi

TobyWanKenobi Member

How did everyone find the exam? I thought it wasn't too bad but struggled to finish. Here's hoping for a pass and to be finally done with exams!

2. philoxenos

philoxenos Member

Never sure on the "S" exams as the questions are very open ended and subjective. I think the paper seemed quite fair though and nothing too out of the ordinary. Likewise, a pass and being done would be nice :)

3. TobyWanKenobi

TobyWanKenobi Member

No luck for me this time round. 52 fail :(

4. Lindsay Balfour

Lindsay Balfour Made first post

Passed, miraculously. Very relieved tbh!

Commiserations Toby

5. SirLeoMap

SirLeoMap Member

i failed with a 57.5%. Very frustrating.

@TobyWanKenobi - are you rewriting in April 2022? we could be study buddies if you're retaking

6. TobyWanKenobi

TobyWanKenobi Member

Hi @SirLeoMap, apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I had taken the last month off from any studying and only now resumed my revision given we're about 12 weeks out. I think the idea of study buddies is great and should help us both get over the line in the April sitting. I'll send you a private message and we can arrange a call for this/next week that suits us both.

7. philoxenos

philoxenos Member

I unfortunately failed SA7 too in September, after a remark.

Is anyone else finding it particularly difficult to study for this exam? The exams that have been written over the past couple years are noticeably different to previous exams.

For example, the exam in September last year had a question on social impact investments, of which was almost entirely application as much of the content wasn't within the notes, and similarly for the private credit question at the end. In addition the psychology question was very drawn out. Similarly, the April exam was heavy on application and less so on particular course knowledge.

As such a lot of the past papers, especially prior to 2018, feel outdated, and of course they improve knowledge but the questions seem much more relatable to the notes?

Anybody doing anything unique in terms of studying for this one, especially in preparing for the uncertainty of particular questins?