SA6 v ST5

Discussion in 'SA6' started by Imidinho, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Imidinho

Imidinho Member

Hi guys

Is SA6 a natural progression from ST5? How many hours are needed in order to successfully cover SA6?

2. sonnyshook

sonnyshook Member

By the looks of the SA6 pass rate - do you mean "How many miracles are needed in order to successfully cover SA6?" I guess about 300.

3. Imidinho

Imidinho Member

Have you written SA6 fellowship? I'm working in Life Insurance but decided to write SA6 as I just passed ST5 in the last exam session. Looking at the pass rates for SA6, I am a bit worried.

4. Colin McKee

Colin McKee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi, Yes the pass rates have been poor recently. I would say that working in an investment consulting environment is very useful for SA6 nowadays. There are very few questions based on the core reading, and almost everything needs to be gleaned from reading around and market knowledge. This is easier when you work in the environment, and its very hard to know what you should be reading when you do not work day to day in the investment consulting, manager selection, or AL modelling, environment. Not impossible but not as easy as certain other SA subjects. Hope this helps you plan your time, and sorry if its not as great news as you might have been hoping for.:eek: