SA6 April 07

Discussion in 'SA6' started by Walbrook, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Walbrook

Walbrook Member

Anyone get any thoughts on this exam ?

(hopefully this will be the last time I have to ask this, but somehow I doubt it !)

I came out of this thinking that it could have been a lot worse. Unfortunately I guess everyone else will think that, meaning that the marks will be pretty bunched up together, making it hard to get a clear pass.

I didn't think that there wasn't anything too hard conceptually. Q1 was all about LDI swaps, risk budgeting etc, seemed OK, other than after getting to part 10 (!) I had sort of forgotten what the original question was all about.

I mean what's this rule that there has to be 2 questions ? why not just put 8 or so separate questions down and make it more like an old paper 401 exam ?

anyway, plenty of bookworky stuff in Q2 on manager research, AL modelling etc. Also I knew I'd seen part of the sale & purchase part before, and just checking my notes, it was something that was covered in an ActEd tutorial (based on 401 paper 1 April 99 Q1), so cheers for the 10 marks Colin

Unfortunately I don't think it'll be enough, as 19 people will have remembered the bookwork stuff better than me.

Oh, almost forgot, why did we need graph paper for this one ? Surely it wasn't for the swap diagram ?

2. examstudent

examstudent Member

Hi,

I know this has has probably been asked countless times, but does anyone have any ideas what the pass mark is for this subject!!!(i.e 40% ,50%, or 60% or higher!!)

i wonder if anyone has any comments on the following:

in sept 2005 q1 (ii) and (iii) the total question has 27 marks.

in april 2007 q2 (i), which is essentially same content (fund manager review) the total marks are 12, why the large reduction?

cheers