SA4 April 2008

Discussion in 'SA4' started by pankaj, Jul 25, 2008.

1. pankaj

pankaj Member

Question 1 first para says that company A employs 100 employees. the membership data is given for these 100 employees(40 active, 40 deferred and 20 pensioner).

In para 4 it is given that remaining employees are members of stakeholders pension scheme. Does it referring to 60 active employees(100 - 40 active).

Am I correct?

2. olly

olly Member

Yes, but for the wrong reason. The membership data is not in respect of the company's 100 employees.

The membership data is in respect of past and present employees who have been / are currently members of the DB pension plan. It is a coincidence that there are, in total, 100 members of the pension plan - 40 of whom are active (i.e. employed) members - and also 100 current employees.

Of the current workforce - 40 are therefore active in the DB plan and you can deduce that 60 employees are in the stakeholder scheme.

There are 160 people to think about here.

3. pankaj

pankaj Member

Thanks, Olly very much. I have gone through chapter 3 and 4 of SA4. I am not confident enough of the material given in these chapters.What is the best way to prepare these chapters.