SA3 "specimen paper"

Discussion in 'SA3' started by langbourner, Jul 31, 2013.

1. langbourner

langbourner Member

I recently heard a rumour that the Institute accidentally published the September 2013 SA3 paper online by accident.

They have created a new Sep 13 paper and re-published the original as a "specimen" online.

Please can somebody confirm this rumour? If the rumour is true, please could you link to the specimen?

Digging around online but can't find it.

Many thanks

2. Ian Senator

Ian Senator ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi Langbourner

Sorry for the delay, but I am waiting for a definitive answer from the profession...

The rumour is correct, the September paper was released accidentally some time ago; indeed, some students (apparently) saw it on the website, but it has since been removed. The profession told me that they were considering putting it back on the website, so I have asked them to confirm whether this is still going to be the case. They have yet to reply, I have chased them again but I guess they are still considering...

I'll let you know if and when I hear something.

Ian

3. langbourner

langbourner Member

Thanks Ian.

I look forward to the outcome.

This year they really seem to have it in for actuaries who don't work in capital modelling. The accidental release included a big capital question iirc.

4. helloSA3

helloSA3 Member

Is there any update? Thanks

5. Ian Senator

Ian Senator ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi all

Sorry for the delay - the profession have only today got back to me on this.

Unfortunately they've decided not to release details of the 'leaked' paper.

The exams team can be contacted directly if you have any further queries on this - contact details are available on the profession's website.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news (please don't shoot the messenger!).
    Ian

6. helloSA3

helloSA3 Member

Haha, I am sure they will be safe. Just envy the ones who accidently downloaded the pape:)

Anyway, thanks for the update.