SA3 Pass Mark

Discussion in 'SA3' started by Matt0, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Matt0

Matt0 Member

Does anyone have an idea of what the pass mark for SA3 was or how I could find it out?

I failed and got 60, so trying to get a feel for how close I was. Very disappointed either way.

2. Scrow

Scrow Member

I’d love to know too, I failed with 63

3. Nadiah Zabri

Nadiah Zabri Member

Omg u failed with 63? How high is the pass mark? I failed with 62.:(

4. Scrow

Scrow Member

I know right!!! Maybe I’m wrong but does that mean this will be the highest the pass mark has been? It went to 63 last sitting but I don’t think it’s been higher than this. It’ll be interesting to see what the pass rate is.

5. CapitalActuary

CapitalActuary Ton up Member

On another forum someone said they failed with 64.

6. Matt0

Matt0 Member

Thanks for the responses - failing with a 63/64 is absolutely crazy! It is the highest when I compare to the history available on actuarial lookup.
    I guess the online approach will have improved the average mark

7. Shani

Shani Member

Hi,
    The pass mark was 65.

8. CapitalActuary

It will seem harsh to those that failed, no doubt, but it doesn’t seem unreasonable to me that they increased the pass mark. The amount by which it increased is unprecedented, but we don’t really have relevant historical data as it’s only the second open book online exam.

If the pass rate is around the same as for previous sittings this indicates that perhaps this paper was quite an easy one, taking account of it being open book as well.

9. Nadiah Zabri

Nadiah Zabri Member

Wow. Speechless

10. Nadiah Zabri

Nadiah Zabri Member

Make sense

11. Scrow

Scrow Member

Lol, definitely hard to stomach being on the wrong side of the pass mark but this is true. It seems like the pass rate indicates it was an easy paper.

12. CapitalActuary

Yeah, pass rate of 45% despite the 65 pass mark indicates a relatively easy paper compared to previous ones (or perhaps an unusually brilliant cohort).

13. N15

N15 Keen member

Where did you find out the pass rate ? I can’t see examiners’ report available for this sitting or am I looking in the wrong place ?

14. mavvj

mavvj Ton up Member

The normal place. It only says Exam Papers but when you click on the link the report is downloaded as well.

N15 likes this.