SA1 and ST1 together

Discussion in 'SA1' started by thaikashaikh, May 6, 2015.

1. thaikashaikh

thaikashaikh Member

I intend to take both the exam together coming Oct 2015, at present I have taken sabbatical off work to concentrate on clearing the exam, previously I have written ST1 twice and got FB on both occasion and SA1 once and obtained FC, am not sure what to improve or is there a study technique which has worked for you please share.

There would be majority of students in the same situation with multiple attempts considering it is a subjective exam insights could really help in exchanging information and the same time also get feedback.

2. StudyTime

StudyTime Member

The later exams take time to master technique for some people and work experience and critical thinking are also key.

Maybe the sabbatical will help you but I have to be honest you may be better off doing the following:
    Read examiners reports and analyse why you failed
    Are you missing the point or just unlucky
    Learn your lists daily
    Do the assignments and get them marked
    Do the mock exams and get them marked
    Be your own worst enemy when marking
    Do an exam paper and read the examiners report thoroughly
    Do lots of past questions
    Concentrate on things you don't understand
    Identify which chapters the questions my refer to

I failed ST7 twice before I finally passed last year. To be honest my past fails were poor exam technique and not reading the questions properly. Read the questions properly, everything there has been put by the examiners for a reason.

Good luck

3. thaikashaikh

thaikashaikh Member

Thanks

Thank for you for the detailed suggestion, I guess I am not memorizing the relevant points but using too much of own words and beating around the bush, could you suggest a way for effective reading the core material and what technique you adopt to remember the points to produce during exam for a typical bookwork