Running short on time paper 1

Discussion in 'CP2' started by MLC, Apr 14, 2019.

1. MLC

MLC Member

Does anyone know what the best thing to do if you end up running out of time on paper 1? Would you get marks in the audit trail for saying what you would have done in the model if you'd have had more time?

Thanks,

Max

pyuille_1609 likes this.
  2. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

I don't think so.
    Possibly, finish scenario 1 and 2 and audit trail and leave scenario 3?

3. Dar_Shan0209

Dar_Shan0209 Ton up Member

Hi Max,

If I were in your place, I would probably follow guidance from the Guide of CP2 from the IFoA (attached) such that you have a proper planning time for everything :- model and audit trail. Model accounts for 45% and audit trail 55%, so have a proper time management such that if ever you exceed time for a specific thing, make a specific assumption and move on.

Attached Files:

4. MLC

MLC Member

Thanks for the advice guys :)

5. pyuille_1609

pyuille_1609 Member

Hmm, this question has crossed my mind, and I feel like I've seen somewhere that although you may not gain marks for it, this would probably leave a good impression on the marker (marking seems quite subjective according to the markers so it depends on the markers you get anyway).
    Good Luckkkkk!

6. pyuille_1609

pyuille_1609 Member

unfortunately you can't do that in the exam room at the point that you've already realised you're running out of time! (say 15 minutes left)....