1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

Rules around pre exam material

Discussion in 'CP3' started by TurnipKing, Apr 8, 2022.

1. TurnipKing

TurnipKing Keen member

Hi,

Strange question but something I have never been able to find a definitive answer on. What are the rules on candidates looking for help on the pre reading material for this exam for purely technical understanding of the material? I have looked through the assessment regulations and I'm not sure, I see from the FAQ that materials are confidential so sharing would not be allowed but what about answering general questions on the topic material?

Kanishka and Deepak Sachdeva like this.
  2. Helen Evans

Helen Evans Ton up Member Staff Member

Hi

Thank you for your post, this is a difficult area to provide definitive advice on. It is inappropriate to discuss the exam material with other candidates, however general questions to other parties where those questions are not specific to the content of the paper we believe would be acceptable. You may wish to contact the IFoA for further guidance on this.

Helen

TurnipKing likes this.