Rugby World cup 2007

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Zapher, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Zapher

Zapher Member

I'm really sick and tired of having good sport during our exams - April cricket now september rugby and Twenty20 cricket!!! Glad rugby carries on though.

So anyone watching and who do you think of the favs?

I think South Africa is looking really good.

Looks like SA and New Zealand final? Or am i completely off...

2. Erik

Erik Member

I think SA has a very good chance of making the finals - not saying this just because I'm South African. We don't have to play Australia or the All Blacks until finals!

Having said that, we lost some key players to injuries in last match against USA.

I agree with finals - SA vs All Blacks.

Glad exams are over before competition starts to get serious, though.

3. hi5

hi5 Member

word.......word......word

4. I hope South Africa wins the RWC, I am not discounting France...

5. henwood13

henwood13 Member

I can't see SA not making the final but with some of the results so far in this tournament who knows! I'm going for a SA v ENG final!

6. Zapher

Zapher Member

I'm going Sa - France.

However if SA played the way they have last two games - The Pumas may upset!!!

7. England could be the first team to ever successfully defend the RWC. I will be stop watching rugby if this happens

8. ExamFatigued

ExamFatigued Member

Even South African supporters should be able to admire the English determination to not let go of this trophy. Surely you aren't apprehensive, Springbok? After that 36-0 demolition just 4 weeks ago this game can only go one way, can't it? The dominant error free performances against those power houses of world rugby in the knock out stages, Fiji and Argentina, coupled with that comfortable win against that other giant Tonga, should provide all South African fans with comfort that their team is well prepared for this final - particularly agianst a team that only managed to squeeze through against the minnows of Australia and France.

9. Meldemon

Meldemon Member

With such an experienced England team, the mind boggles as to how the 36-0 defeat against SA was possible... Surely a well prepared team should have consistent performance levels? :p

10. ExamFatigued

ExamFatigued Member

If you check out Englands results, they have been pretty consistent for the last 4 years - i.e. consistently poor! Don't know where the last two performances came from, but hoping for just one more.

If (and it's a big if) England win on Saturday, they will have defended the trophy by beating Australia, France and South Africa. If (more likely) South Africa triumph, then they will have won a world cup by beating England twice - their other biggest games were against Argentina and Fiji. I don't know which result will devalue the tournament more. A poor team beating underperforming opponents or a good team who have beaten nobody.

11. henwood13

henwood13 Member

Yeh, although I'm glad England have made the final it would have been interesting for the tri nations to have battled it at some stage of this tournament.

Having said that its always exciting when the unexpected happens in these big tournaments...except when England lose...then its rubbish ;)

12. Goku

Goku Member

A good team beating another good team twice would be enough for me hey!

Who cares though - as long as your side wins isn't...life is unkind sometimes (infact most of the time) but there are times when things go your way...and winning a WC in a 'not-so-convincing' manner matters absolutely zilch to me!

Good luck!