Revision Materials

Discussion in 'SA2' started by FloWesh, Jul 16, 2013.

1. FloWesh

FloWesh Member

Apart from the past papers, what revision materials are there that work for SA2?
    A method you tried that helped you pass on first attempt?

2. Mark Willder

Mark Willder ActEd Tutor Staff Member

ASET can be useful to help you with exam technique when doing the past papers.

I know a lot of students like using the Core Reading questions at the start of the Revision Notes for the earlier subjects. The equivalents for SA2 are Smart Revise and the PM2 multi-choice booklets.

Smart Revise is a computer based set of short questions to test your memory of the Core Reading (knowing the bookwork is still vital for SA2 as you'll need this as the foundation to any application question).

The PM2 booklets contain 240 multiple choice questions. These questions are given in the same format as the Practice Modules exam, but as this exam is based on the SA2 Core Reading then these questions are a good test of your SA2 knowledge too.

It would be interesting to hear from students who have used these materials to find out what you found most useful.

Best wishes

Mark Willder
    Tutor

3. calibre2001

calibre2001 Member

Hi,

I used mainly past year papers. Analysing & dissecting examiner reports helped me to see repeating patterns & the thought process students are expected to demonstrate. This is in addition to plenty of practice under exam conditions.

Another useful thing is to read up on contemporary issues. There was a thread here that revealed how useful studying SA1 questions can help give a flavour of what might appear in SA2 & vice versa.

Ditto on ASET though it was not my main study diet.

4. FloWesh

FloWesh Member

Thank you guys.

I really wish there were Revision Notes or Sound Revision for SA2. I am a non-UK student so I don't know where to begin when you mention Practice Modules.
    Maybe I can try Smart Revise.

Hey calibre2001, I hope to start on the past papers in August. Hopefully they could work for me too. And thanks for the tip on following SA1 :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2013
  5. Iori_

Iori_ Member

Hi there,

I'm a non-UK student who passed SA2 in the last April 2013 session.

I used a combination of:

- ASET

- Acted mock exam + marking voucher

- This forum (mostly to confirm my own understanding)

I bought Sound Revise but it didn't help much. I wouldn't recommend it.

Hope this helps.

6. FloWesh

FloWesh Member

Do you mean Sound Revision or Smart Revise? I thought there is no Sound Revision for SA2.
    Thank you. I'll have to get ASET then.
    Did you read through all of the suggested further reading that is recommended in the study material?