Results Week Torture

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by JayDee, Dec 3, 2012.

?

How do you relieve stress during the week leading up to results?

1. Study

25.0%
  2. Drink excessively

18.8%
  3. Sleep

25.0%
  4. Exercise

28.1%
  5. Shout at everyone who talks to you

40.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JayDee

JayDee Member

Any ideas for relieving stress during the week leading up to results?

2. econkong

econkong Member

Same advice needed:) Quite nervously waiting for my first sitting results!

3. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

I always used distraction techniques, eg copious computer playing or studying for the next exam...:D

4. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Ton up Member

Sublimation. How about turning into the incredible hulk? Or at least an incredible sulk?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  5. tiger

tiger Member

It's the day of the results I find worst. I have to find something to distract myself with in the evening so I'm not counting the minutes to 8pm. The gym is good!

6. tayebare

tayebare Member

On the day, be somewhere you just cannot access the internet: that should do it!

7. Will this week never end?!

8. sonnyshook

sonnyshook Member

I was getting really exercised at work today about various minutia of everything... using expressions like "I will go there and shove it down their throats" when referring to people in other departments. I currently don't have any empathy for anyone, pretty psycho. Haha

9. tatos

tatos Member

I somehow led myself to believe that the results were out today at 8PM (or 9PM where I am) - oh, the agony!

10. FloWesh

FloWesh Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2013
  11. FloWesh

FloWesh Member

Definately not studying for me. Studying is a constant reminder that you're waiting for exam results.
    Sinking myself deep into an addictive TV series during this week helps me keep the shuddering thoughts of exam results away.

12. bystander

bystander Member

I think everybody gets tetchy to some degree. If you really are unbearable to be around take the day off work if you can. Don't drink excessively - you won't be able to read the list properly!

Remember you can't change anything about it, so put effort into something you can control.

Hope smiles come after the list is out, and if not, remember you most likely will not be alone!

13. That all sounds wwaaayyyy too rational for someone awaiting results!:p

14. Edwin

Edwin Member

Wear your best for your execution day and stand dignified, if you cannot control destiny, you can atleast control your behaviour;-YOU WILL HAVE THE LAST WORD!

15. rshenoy

rshenoy Member

True that, I am on an X Files binge!!!