Results time??? 22:00hrs or earlier?

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by hi5, Jun 4, 2006.

1. hi5

hi5 Member

Result Discussion

Does the exam result come out at exactly 22:00 hours on the website, or does it sometimes come even earlier?
    And if so, then how much earlier?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2006
  2. It is exactly 22:00.

3. Erik

Erik Member

Don't bargain on before 22:00. Rather you'll get your results a few minutes later, due to high traffic on website.

Cheers.
    Erik

4. hi5

hi5 Member

Thanks for the replies.

Ok, so basically if my name is not on the subject lists-------->this means-----> I FAILED???

Or are there errors, omissions, etc sometimes?

5. bystander

bystander Member

Yes that's basically the long and short of it.

There was once an issue with qualifieds because they didn't have the right full exam history so they appeared on the subject list but not on the completers list. Can't recollect any instance of the pass list being wrong and certainly I've never heard of someone being on the list & finding out they had failed!

But, if you aren't on the list, it's only you that will see your grade but you'll have to wait for the post for that.

Beware that you look at the right list (there is usally a different list for each of the Faculty and Institute).

Best of luck. Either way, you'll know soon.

6. hi5

hi5 Member

*bystander

Thanks for the post.

Its a long wait till Thursday.

Anway, does anyone know the history of the results being published on Thursday night (via email), and being in the post box by friday.

7. Erik

Erik Member

Can any South African tell me at what time the results come out. I know it's 22:00 British time. I think thats 00:00 here (and in September 23:00) I'm not shure. Is Brittain on GMT now?

Cheers.

8. Cardano

Cardano Member

British summer time in England at the moment - GMT + 1 hr

9. Erik

Erik Member

OK, so since we're GMT + 2, i'll get my results at 23:00 our time. Great.
    Thanks.

Erik

10. hi5

hi5 Member

Studying Anyone?

Inspite of my plans, I have managed to accomplish 0 (zero) study this week, due to the impending result.

Although logically speaking I know all the permutations possible, and what to do in all the permutations.

And, one thing is common (a chapter or so of study) in all these permutations, but still I'm not able to get my hand on it.

Anyone else..........

11. LouiseF

LouiseF Member

I know exactly how you feel hi5.

I've been telling myself for weeks now that it is bad luck (!) to study for the next round before getting results because nasty fate will ruin your lovely study plan by giving you an FA and forcing you to resit in Sept!

Seriously though, does anyone else find it difficult to concentrate on studying a new subject (or as in my case a repeat!) before results? All I can think about is my ST3 and ST1 papers. I even found myself today when I went on the institute website to print off papers for September looking at the papers I sat in April trying desperately to convince myself that a pass was coming my way. A bit desperate, I know :( . Nothing I can do about it now of course.

I think you're right hi5, we need to let logic prevail. The best way to spend this week is improving our chances of getting a good mark in the exam we can influence, ie September, rather than panicking about the one in April that we can't change now.

Still panicking is more fun...

12. trinidad

trinidad Member

I think I will check at the weekend. At any rate it does not matter, I am not resitting in Sept. Been seriously busy study for my next subject considering the recommended deadline for the first assignment is today.

Que sera sera

13. hi5

hi5 Member

This line is so true...........u took the words out of my mouth....

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2006
  14. hi5

hi5 Member

Results are ready.

Dear friends,

The results are most probably ready as of now.

Do you not think the institute should declare them as of now.......instead of waiting till the due date just for the sake of it?

I mean, it be a very kind gesture, and will save us a lot of panic.