Results letters

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by WhoWantsToBeAnIFA, Dec 8, 2005.

1. I was unfortunate to have failed ST3 last week. The whole experience of failing was traumatic especially as I got an FA the last time I failed it. Naturally, I expected to get the letter telling me how badly i failed it so I can reach some sort of closure on the sorry matter. One week on and the letter still hasn't arrived. The institute claim to have sent them out last Thursday and blame local postal problems. I have spoken to no fewer than 5 people who haven't received their letter yet! I don't believe Royal Mail to be so inefficient as to take over a week to deliver first class mail, neither do I expect they would have lost so many letters. The institutes attitude when i called them was one of don't know and "computer says.. we sent them out last thursday". I believe they never sent them out in the first place and they should just admit to have messed up on this occasion, the same way they messed up when they failed to get our exam dockets out to us earlier this year. I find their administration to be poor and there, i guess there is very little we can do to correct this. I just thought i'd have a moan here and ask anyone else to come forward if they got the same shoddy service from the institute when they rang to ask why the letter hadn't arrived.

2. Paul

Paul Member

Hi WhoWantsToBe,

The following message appears on the homepage of the Institute:

Results letters
    The results letters for the CA, ST and SA series were sent out last Thursday (1 December). However, it would appear that some students have not received their letter. If this affects you then please contact the Examinations Inbox and we will arrange for another copy to be sent to you by post. Please note that due to the high volume of incoming queries we are receiving, we will respond as soon we can.

It looks like this is slightly more severe than "local post problems" because I've spoken to people at both ends of the country who also haven't receieved results letters!

3. Dha

Dha Member

I got a letter giving me my grade for a CT exam; the letter arrived the last week of August for an exam I sat the first week in September!!

4. olly

olly Member

I didnt receive my slip on Friday as I expected to. I phoned on Monday to request another and when it didn't arrive on Wednesday I phoned again to find out what was going on I spoke to a lady called Susan Owen who agreed to email me the results.

So there you have it - ask for an email.

5. LouiseF

LouiseF Member

Hi Olly,

I tried what you did, and was told that they couldn't possibly e-mail me results! Anyway, I went into the Institute website this morning and found that they've updated the exam histories, with the grades!

So if there is any of you still out there with no confirmation of grades, then you should try your exam histories.

Plus the exam histories treat CA11 and CA12 as separate subjects, so you can actually see how you did in each paper - something the results letter won't do. Though can be a bit depressing. I failed CA1 overall, but the exam histories tell me I passed CA11 and got an FA in CA12. Bummer :( .

L

6. veeko

veeko Member

Ca1

If you pass CA11 but fail CA12 do you have to resit the whole exam or only the CA12 bit(Except of course when you're automatically exempt)??

7. avanbuiten

avanbuiten Member

You have to resit the whole exam.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2006