Resitting SA4

Discussion in 'SA4' started by kathrynT, Jun 18, 2008.

1. kathrynT

kathrynT Member

I'm resitting this in September and have absolutely no idea where to start. Just opened the notes and they feel a bit mammoth!

I took it two sittings ago so the material isn't that familiar but I don't really think re-reading the notes is that useful for the time it will take. I am relatively experienced in the office but not that keen on the whole blaggin it approach. I just want to make sure I'm doing something useful.

Any advice from other resitters would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Kathryn

2. bystander

bystander Member

done enough resits in my time to offer a potential strategy.

1. Think what grade you got last time? Long way off suggests there is nothing else for it but to go through the notes. In fact, I wouldn't risk not doing so... check the syllabus changes and definitely cover anything new.
    2. Was that your first attempt? If you've had 2 FAs say, consider getting counselling. You must be so near the finish line that forget the money; look at it as a long term invt.
    3. Get some fresh material. Eg did you have a tutorial last time; if not try this time. Did you have marking? If not, take some because SA is slightly different to other bits of the 'game' so you may get some valuable feedback. At the very least do a new mock.
    4. Is anyone else at your firm doing it? Maybe you could exchange ideas.
    5. Don't just rely on your office knowledge. An office method may stop you thinking broadly and examiners may not feel the office way is what they are seeking.
    6. Do you know your weaknesses? Maybe try the exam you failed now to test what you retained. Anything where you would score badly could help focus revision.

Unfortunately, I don't believe there is a unique strategy for success. The biggest trap is to not study actively. The mind can say 'yes I know that' and not really think. Reading alone definitely won't be enough. Be active. Other than that, on the day forget the fact you tried and failed before. You MUST be positive.

Good luck