Recommended Reading.

Discussion in 'CT7' started by Benoco, May 28, 2013.

1. Benoco

Benoco Member

I'm just wondering if Economics for Business is essential. I'm doing a degree at the moment and the University library doesn't have it. Has anyone used an alternative text?

2. Calum

Calum Member

The textbook itself is core reading, so I'm afraid it is fundamental to the definition of the course.

You could *perhaps* get away with a similar textbook and caareful reading of the syllabus, past papers, and other materials, but it wouldn't be a brilliant choice, in my opinion.

3. td290

td290 Member

I took CT7 in 2010 so obviously a lot could have changed since then. The feeling I got though was that the insistence on using the textbook was a standard bit of back-covering and that actually all the sections of the textbook that were part of the Core Reading were also covered in the ActEd course notes. So in fact you have learned all the material far more efficiently by just using the course notes. Obviously I can't take responsibility for your decision on this and, as I say, things may have changed in the last few years, but I do feel that the official line on this has been a bit dogmatic in the past.

4. Benoco

Benoco Member

Cheers guys. I'll have a think about it, I'd probably rather err on the side of caution though.

Thanks again for the input.