real name/address and wordcount

Discussion in 'CP3' started by abcdefg, Sep 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. abcdefg

abcdefg Member

Assuming the question doesn't tell you what your name is, are you supposed to sign off with your real name, a placeholder (i.e. <Name>) or a dummy name to retain anonymity?

Same for address if the question is "write a letter". The solutions show a placeholder- should we put <address> to show we know where we'd put it or put in a made up address?

The solutions also show the word count after the sign off. Are we required to declare our word count at the end?

Are we required to do anything like put a header/footer on every sheet with our ARN on it?

Thanks

2. FloWesh

FloWesh Member

Please check the exam instructions available in the question mark section of the online exam application.

3. abcdefg

abcdefg Member

I can see that we need to put the ARN in filename and header/footer. However my other questions are unanswered - main one that I'd like to know is regarding using real names in the exam answers (address seems like less of an issue but would be nice to know if we are meant to put a placeholder as some of the solutions show or put in a made up address if necessary). Also it doesn't say we need to put a word count but the solutions show them at the end.

4. FloWesh

FloWesh Member

I don't think you need to use your real name. Maybe just come up with the fake/common names they use themselves in setting the questions.
    We are not required to put a work count, I think....? Also, considering the word count excludes titles and subheadings, I wouldnt waste time in the exam trying to count words between paragraphs and charts etc.

5. Simon James

Simon James ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Don't use your real name or address. Either:
    • use the info given to you in the question
    • use a placeholder
    • make something up

6. abcdefg

abcdefg Member

thanks!

7. Patrova01

Patrova01 Active Member

Please confirm the word count thing... Are we expected to write that? Does the address count? Where do we start counting?

8. Simon James

The word count is only based on the main body of text (not the address etc).

Patrova01 likes this.
  9. Edwin

Edwin Member

Hi Simon please explain main body of text, in my exam one examiner scored me 5 marks while the other scored me 3 marks. I don't see how this can be possible unless there is probably no consensus on what to include in the word count

10. Simon James

Hi - you would have to ask the IFoA about this discrepancy. I guess it's possible that different markers made different allowances for words in tables/graphs etc?