Rant

Discussion in 'CT5' started by tatos, Sep 10, 2011.

1. tatos

tatos Member

This pensions chapter is such a bitter pill to swallow! Did they think there wasn't enough to learn without it? Adding this pensions chapter is just overkill. I'm so bleak about how long it's taking me to feel confident about this chapter. Seems though that the questions have generally appeared in the middle of the papers since April 2007. Good because, if it stays that way, I won't have to worry about losing that many marks. Bad because trusting my luck, it'll probably feature as a 20 mark question this time and so I have to put in the hours to try and wrap my head around this! I'm SO mad about this.

2. bystander

bystander Member

First, stop moaning and try and get your head around it.

For you, its this bit that is diificult. For others, it'll be something else. You acn't cherry pick (or rather you can, but its a dangerous strategy(.

So focus your effort on trying to make this weakness into a relative strength. Thats what revision is for. Don't waste time over=polishing a strength.

Face your fear. You'll have simnilar challenges in all the other exams.

Harsh, but thats the reality.

3. scaron

scaron Member

tatos your rant is fully justified. I doubt that it’s because the chapter is super hard it’s just time consuming and not worth that many marks* which is what you’re most likely finding disheartening. Keep slogging away and good luck :)

*Unless of course they decide to whack you with a 20 mark question this year.

4. manish_rex

manish_rex Member

Is the chapter on pensions that hard? I dont think so...overall, I find CT 5 easier than papers like CT8 and CT 4....better work on it,focus till you feel know all about it...thats the presciption I always give to myself whenever something like this comes up!

5. tatos

tatos Member

Thanks everyone! All very relevant and true comments...

That initial rant was because I felt hard done by after having actually read through the chapter and feeling that I understood it, only to realise how much I was struggling with the questions.... but it's true, a little practise and you see that it's not as daunting as it seems. And now I can even pretty much make a usually accurate educated guess at what the final answer of a derivation will be :) Chapter 14, bring it on.. (just not 20 marks please :p )

That said, whoever set the 2007 September exam was obviously in a really good mood or is just a peach of a person. Bless your soul, whoever you are. What I'd have done to have you set this October's exam :D

6. bystander

bystander Member

Good news...just remember the lesson you learned here and remember it next time you feel like banging your head on the brick wall.

Cos, alas, been there many times!