question

Discussion in 'CT1' started by ezCTseries, Aug 25, 2012.

1. ezCTseries

ezCTseries Member

how many chapters are there in the acted book core reading?

Also, I don't have any finance background, I'm sitting for CT7 & CT1 this november.

Would I have any difficulty in CT1 provided that I'm from a math background and not finance.

Please help.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2012
  2. johnpe21

johnpe21 Member

ct1 contains 15 chapters. i don't think that you need to have a finance background for ct1. the notes are describing everything u need from the scratch

3. ezCTseries

ezCTseries Member

thanks

thanks for the input.

4. High91

High91 Member

CT1 & CT7 would be a good combination to start off with. CT1 contains 15 chapters for which you do not need core finance only the fundamentals(which you'll easily get through, I think). Only the last chapter of CT1 requires knowledge of CT3(Probability & Mathematical Statistics) but since you are of maths background, you'll already be having all of it up your sleeves.
    CT7 is pure economics which does not require any previous knowledge.

5. ezCTseries

ezCTseries Member

thanks

thanks HIGH91.

Quote: I love my enemies as they bring out the best in me.

6. johnpe21

johnpe21 Member

also chapter 15 in the end,in the appendix, has all the statistical knowledge u'll need for it(lognormal distribution etc)

7. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Please be aware that the Profession recommends 125-150 hours of study PER CT subject. You've probably left it a bit late to study two subjects in such a short period of time as this would mean 4½-5½ hours study every day before 23 November....

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012