question

Discussion in 'CT1' started by ezCTseries, Aug 12, 2012.

1. ezCTseries

ezCTseries Member

hi,
    simple question. Can the syllabus be finished in one month? I don't have a finance background and giving 3 papers in nov. CT1, CT2, CT7.

Please input your feedback.

Thanks.

Quote: I love my enemies as they bring the best outta me.

2. DevonMatthews

DevonMatthews Member

sounds like a good plan to me, you don't really need a finance background for any of those subjects.. they're fairly self-contained. (Except of course some mathematical proficiency)

3. High91

High91 Member

But I think CT2 requires much of a finance background..!

4. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

The Profession recommends 125 hours study for each CT subject. So that's 375 for three subjects in one month - which is 12.5 hours a day. So if you have no job and have great stamina then yes...

:eek:

5. Cubix_Rube

Cubix_Rube Member

Surely 1 month isn't long enough. I'm currently studying CT1 and would predict that I've completed 100~ hours in the past 6 weeks to reach the end of chapter 15 (though I have taken extra time to study the material thoroughly) With 7 weeks until the exam I still feel pressure to complete the revising portion of the exam preparation. I'm predicting at least 100 more hours of Q&A, revision and past papers so to complete all of this in 4 weeks seems a touch unreasonable imho.

6. cjno1

cjno1 Member

It's a difficult question to answer, everyone learns at a different pace. Some people just "get things" and can read something and understand it fairly quickly. Others need to spend ages thinking about a topic and go through lots of examples before they understand.

The recommended hours from the profession are only a guide, some people can pass with far less study, others can fail with far more.

7. Cubix_Rube

Cubix_Rube Member

I agree completely however 4 weeks has got to be pushing it especially considering OP has no background in finance. That's the equivalent of completing CT1-8 + CA1 in a single year!

However the original question is a bit weird. You have finished studying 2 other CT subjects thus far which should give you an indication as to whether you are capable of completing the 3rd subject in a month. You seem intelligent enough to know whether you can achieve this so you must think you can, but that it's going to be a really, really, close call.

If you've already paid for the exams then you may as well give it a shot which also brings me back to the weirdness of the original question. If you've already paid for the exam and have to sit all 3 no matter what...then why ask on a forum if it's possible to do this? You have no choice. You have a month to complete the final CT subject so crack on. Is it so you can re-post on results day saying, "Hey remember me, I'm the guy who only had a month to study a CT subject and guess how awesome I am. 3 passes!"

I could be wrong, either way good luck. You might need a Rocky montage for this one.

8. DevonMatthews

DevonMatthews Member

It may be possible to sit and pass 3 exams..

It is highly unlikley that someone with no background in maths/finance could do it if they actually took the time to read the course material.. BUT

There is a chance of doing it if :

1. You just study past exams and nothing else
    2. You are very good at maths