question order

Discussion in 'SP9' started by yimpington, Sep 27, 2013.

1. yimpington

yimpington Member

hi,

this might seem like a silly question, but i couldn't find the answer to it.

when we write our answers in the exam script, does it matter in which order we answer the questions e.g. answering question 4 on page1, then question 2 etc?

thanks

2. morrisja

morrisja Member

I don't believe there's any requirement to do the questions in order. I do it out of habit though. I also imagine that makes it easier for the examiner to mark your script which is always a good thing! but if you think you'd do better by doing the questions out of order then there's nothing stopping you once you clearly label which is which!

3. CooCoo4Calcs

CooCoo4Calcs Member

Doesn't matter at all, and the examiners won't hold it against you.

When I did past papers and eventually sat ST9 I found that I ended up answering most questions out of order. The subject tests a lot like an SA, so you'll identify that there are some massive questions throw in the middle of the paper which are probably easier to set aside and dedicate to the end of your sitting.

ST9 April 2013 is a good example: an 18 marker sitting in question 3, which required a lot of points to score in, I left to the end; the last two questions were pretty technical, so easier to get out of the way first!

4. yimpington

yimpington Member

thanks coocoo, that really alleviates my concern that i had answered them out of order!

agree with your approach - i targetted the more difficult ones first (which had more marks assigned to it), alternated with simpler ones in between (to take some pressure off my mind).

5. Simon James

Simon James ActEd Tutor Staff Member

I agree. There is no obligation to do the questions in order (although doing so might make the examiner's job marginally easier).

Always make sure you put the question number on every page.